Invisalign Washington DC
Are you seeking an Invisalign provider and live in the Washington DC area? If so, look no further than Dr. Bob Kumra and the professional staff of Kumra Orthodontics. Dr. Kumra is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, among other reputable affiliations. Dr. Kumra is constantly immersing himself in the profession of orthodontics and dentistry, so that he can ensure that he provides the best care to you, the patient!
Today, there are more treatment options than there were in the past. Dr. Kumra and the professionals at Kumra Orthodontics know that treatment with Invisalign clear aligners in Washington DC has been more sought after than any other orthodontic treatment option currently available. So before you choose this product for yourself or your child, the team at Kumra Orthodontics recommends that you learn a little more about this popular treatment.
Invisalign Washington DC FAQ’s
• What is Invisalign? It is a new approach to get a straight and healthy smile. It uses custom-made aligners to gradually shift teeth. Every two weeks, a new aligner is fitted to the wearer and the process recurs for the rest of treatment.
• What makes Invisalign different from traditional metal braces? The difference between the two is that these aligners are virtually invisible. The trays are clear and fit right over the teeth, so people won’t even know that you’re straightening your teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, the clear braces have no metal brackets or wires, making it more comfortable and less painful. Invisalign aligners, unlike traditional metal braces, are removable as well and can be taken out to eat and brush and floss your teeth.
• Does Invisalign hurt? The clear aligners exert a gentle pressure to move teeth within the mouth. A slight discomfort may be experienced when a new tray aligner is fitted.The smooth thermoplastic surface of the trays are less likely to cause irritation in the wearer’s mouth.
• How long does Invisalign treatment take? Every case is different. Treatment time depends how severe your case is. Dr. Kumra will be able to give you an estimate of how long it will take. To maximize the results and ensure a faster treatment process, follow all of the directions you receive from the team at Kumra Orthodontics. And remember to only remove Invisalign to eat, brush, and floss.
• Will I Be Able to Afford Invisalign? Orthodontic treatment can become expensive quickly. Many dental insurances policies do cover Invisalign treatment, so it is worth the effort to talk to your insurer. The only way to know how much treatment will cost for sure is to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Kumra and the team at Kumra Orthodontics.
• Will Invisalign affect my day to day activities? It will not affect your day-to-day activities. You will probably want to avoid foods or drinks that may stain your teeth and aligners. You may find that you have to brush and floss more to keep clean. But, you will still be able to play sports, have fun, and live your life while wearing this form of treatment.