Why You Aren’t Too Old To See An Orthodontist in Downtown DC
Many adults feel overwhelmed by the thought of having to undergo orthodontic treatment. But the truth is that adult orthodontics is very common. Orthodontics knows no age limit. In fact, statistics have shown that one-in-five patients receiving orthodontic treatment in Downtown DC is over 21 years old! Dr. Bob Kumra and the team at Kumra Orthodontics helps patients of all ages in the Washington DC area, Capitol Hill, Northeast Washington DC and Northwest DC.
1. Teeth shift over time. If you had braces as a kid and you find that now, as an adult, you need them again, that’s because your teeth shift as you get older, and some people’s teeth move faster and/or more than others. You may be experiencing discomfort caused by a malocclusion, don’t like the look of their misaligned teeth, or want straighter teeth for a new you.
2. There are many available treatment options. Many adults shy away from orthodontic treatment for fear of how they might look while wearing traditional braces during treatment. Adults often associate the idea of braces with traditional metal appliances; the ones that come with awkward adolescent memories. Kumra Orthodontics offers a variety of less obvious and more fashionable orthodontic treatment options for patients in Downtown DC. These include Invisalign – the clear plastic aligners – and ceramic braces (similar to traditional braces, though clearer and less visible). These two alternatives take the “awkward teenager” concept out of braces and put the “glowing smile” back in.
3. The cost hasn’t changed much. Cost is important to consider. Depending on how intensive the treatment needs to be, the cost of orthodontic treatment will vary. Often, traditional braces cost $4,000 or more (with some less expensive options also available). Invisalign cost, or clear braces, will most likely be a bit higher in price (ranging from about $5,000 to a possible $10,000), but depending on how extensive the treatment plan, the price may be relatively equivalent.
4. Many orthodontists offer a free consultation. Many orthodontists today offer a free consultation to determine your treatment options, costs, and length of treatment. Kumra Orthodontics consultations include photographs, a medical history review, and a panoramic X-ray that gives a full-mouth view.
5. Braces can build your confidence. How many times have you been told to “dress to impress” for a job interview, a date, or a social event? Dressing your best means sporting your best accessory; your smile. That age-old saying “When you look good, you feel good.” certainly includes the appearance of your smile. A perfect smile can change everything about your look, boosting your confidence and even brightening your future. Orthodontics, like braces, will straighten your teeth, realign your smile, improve your bite, and enhance your smile.
Dr. Bob Kumra and the team at Kumra Orthodontics are the experts in orthodontics. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in Downtown DC, 20036 zip code area, Washington DC, Capitol Hill, Northeast Washington DC and Northwest Washington DC or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Bob Kumra contact Kumra Orthodontics at: (202) 785-8672